Sunday, March 20, 2011

"How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live." HDT

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Apparently I have issues with blogs. Well, issues with my having a blog. To elucidate: What would be the point of this blog? How is one to treat a blog? Should blogs be like journals? Like emails? Itineraries? Like Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy? Should I be formal in some way? Should I have some sort of agenda? Should I be trying to spread some particular message? Aren't blogs really just some type of vanity projects? I mean, who really cares what I did today? What I thought today?

Is it possible that I'm over thinking the concept of a blog?

I've decided that perhaps my biggest problem is trying to answer all of these questions, before even truly giving the whole blog thing a real shot. I should just start the blog, and see where it goes.

I did try to have a blog once before. Actually twice before. One was an attempt at a vegan-themed blog (Leafeaters, I believe it was called); the other, an effort to cut down on international emails to amigos at home explaining my adventures abroad (the title of that one was lifted from a joke of my brother's: itsonlyablogifnoonereadsit).

So I try again. This time for real. For realsies.

... And that's all for today.

Buhbyenow.

No comments:

Post a Comment